Friday, November 9

Counting Down

We are just one week away from one of my favorite events of the year - the National Youth Workers Convention put on by Youth Specialties. Andy and I will be two of several thousand people involved in student ministries will converge on Atlanta for four days.

The convention is fantastic. We'll get to hear speakers like Shane Claiborne and http://www.northpoint.org/. We'll participate in worship, led by people like David Crowder and Chris Tomlin. And there are literally dozens of seminars we can choose from.

It also is a great time for me to spend some time with God and to see what direction he would like Quest to go in the next year. Last year, for example, the Convention was where I met Flaviu from Caribbean Lifetime Missions and laid the foundation for our trip to Jamaica.

Pray for Andy and I, that God will speak to us while we are there and that he will help us to see where he wants to take Quest and Frontline in the next year.

Andy and I will both be blogging while we are there, so you can follow what we are doing and what we are learning. Watch here and on Twitter for updates.

The National Youth Workers Convention has become one of the spiritual highlights of the year. I can't wait to go, and I will appreciate your prayers while I'm gone.

No comments: