Thursday, August 16

Confessions of a bad blogger

I'll admit it. I'm a bad blogger.

Whenever I sit down to write something, I feel like I need to say something substantive or important. It seems like I can do that for a couple of weeks at a time, then I get to the point that I've said all of the things that have really been on my heart, and I don't know what to say next. So I stop blogging. Then I get out of the habit, and pretty soon it's been weeks or months since I've said anything at all.

I'm going to do my best to change that by taking the pressure off of myself to always say something important.

The truth is, I have whole bunch of things to talk about. There's the missions trip to Jamaica, which was fantastic. Right before that, I went to the Emergent Midwest conference, where I met a bunch of great people. It also has me thinking about a lot of things. Also, I've been reading a lot. I just finished Doug Pagitt's Church Re-Imagined, and am currently reading Will & Lisa Samson's Justice in the Burbs. Both are very good. You can expect to be hearing more about all of these in the near future.

Thanks for putting up with my inconsistent blogging. Hopefully, I'll be more consistent starting now.

No comments: